Search site for
CutaCopter Trident 5000
THE NEW CUTA COPTER TRIDENT 5000 FISHING DRONE IS HERE.
Fishing Drones combine the technology of avionics, electronics and robotics to create a flying machine. We add complexity by pulling a line from the beach over water. When flying a drone, you are a pilot and as the pilot, you want to have the best, most advanced and reliable technology working for you. This is what you get with the new Cuta Copter Trident 5000. The Trident 5000 is a development of the successful Cut Copter EX-2.
The Trident 5000 is a very powerful fishing drone and can lift large baits or payloads. The Trident will happily pull 25 hooks out to 1000 metres or carry a large single bait up to 3.5kg’s over a shorter distance. Most people are finding 13 hooks (one side of the traceboard is a good working number and this allows a larger weight to be used. The Trident has a special flight mode to soften the responses that reduces the pendulum effect.
The number of sets you can do depends on the weight and drag of your payload, the distance of the set and the wind conditions. If you are dropping your baits ar 400 metres, if the payload/drag is 1kg, you should get up to seven sets, 2kgs drops the number to five and 3.5kg loads will drop the sets to three.
The Trident has the best waterproofing of any Cuta-Copter, plus it has built-in floatation. The Pixhawk flight controller and electronics is housed in a special low profile sealed compartment and this allows the GPS receiver to be placed in the nose of the Drone where it can get the best signal. There is additional closed cell (floatation) foam inserts in the main body and motor arms. The battery compartment can be sealed if fasten with the four screws, otherwise the quick release tab is used. Please note, the drone would needs a full wash in a salt removing (Salt Away) product if it did go into salt water.
WHAT IS IN THE BOX
1 * Carry bag backpack
1 * Trident 5000 KontikiDrone
1 * SkyDroid Transmitter
2 * 18650 Lithium-Ion Batteries – Installed into the transmitter
1 * Smart LiPo Battery Charger
1 * Battery tester
1 * Landing Pad
2 * 5000mAh 6S high-performance LiPo batteries
4 * Carbon Propellers
3* 6oz weights
1 * Manual and logbook
12 month warranty
THE TRIDENT 5000 FISHING DRONE FROM CUTA COPTER
The Trident 5000 has the pilot and peoples safety at the centre of the design. The drone hardware like frame, bait release, flotation etc, are only one part of the equation. How the drone flies and reacts to the pilot's instructions are an essential part of the design of a successful drone.
- Flight Controller – The Trident features the Pixhawk 4 Mini, one of the most advanced flight controllers on the market. The Pixhawk 4 Mini features a 32-bit ARM® Cortex® M7, 216 MHz Processor with 2Mb flash memory and 512kb RAM. It has the brains to go with the brawn. The sheer speed data is processed results in supreme flight stability, and this is especially noticeable when carrying baits in high winds. In addition to the onboard magnetometer and barometer, it has not one, but two Gyroscopes, two compasses and two accelerometers! – Feel assured of ultra-reliability as redundancy is built-in.
- Operating System - the Pixhawk flight controllers use the Arducopter Open Source autopilot system. ArduPilot is a trusted, versatile, and open source autopilot system supporting many vehicle types: multi-copters, traditional helicopters, fixed wing aircraft, boats, submarines, rovers and more. The source code is developed by a large community of professionals and enthusiasts. it is one of the most advanced autopilot systems available.
- Body Design – The body design of the Trident 5000 has been developed to reduce aero drag. This ensures longer flight time as the motors do not need to work as hard to pull the Trident through the air. The overall footprnt is slightly smaller than the previous Cuta Copter drones, but the motors are more powerful and efficient allowing more sets from the batteries.
- Camera – The Trident 5000 is fitted with a tilting camera. The camera tilts from looking forward to looking straight down. Looking forward is great as you fly out to the point of interest and looking directly down gives you a chance to check out any new fishing spots. The video
- is displayed on the SkyDroid Tower App.
- SkyDroid T10 Transmitter – This high-quality transmitter is fitted with sand covers over the gimbals to improve the overall weather resistance. Flush mounted buttons and low-profile toggle switches have been used to prevent damage. The 2 x 18650 lithium batteries provide greater than 20 hours of radio time on a full charge. The T10 Transmitter also accepts telemetry data and live video feed from the Trident which it passes onto the SkyDroid Tower App on an Android device.
- SkyDroid Tower App control – The Android App displays a range of flight telemetry data including battery voltage, distance from home and altitude. It also allows the user to plan and fly missions, plus the App can control and change various functions, such as arming, disarming and selecting the flight mode.
- The Tower App also gives access to the parameters of the flight controller. This is for advanced users only.
- Water Proofing – In total there are 3 air chambers. The main electronics chamber which contains the flight controller, the battery bay and the camera pod. Each chamber has a water-tight seal. For additional protection, most of the electronics including the ESC's are sealed in Di- Electric resin in case the main seals become damaged.
- Double flotation – The 3 air chambers provide the first level of flotation protection. The Trident is also filled with laser cut foam buoyancy providing the second level of flotation protection. The landing feet also provide additional floats.
- Quick Switch – The installed quick switch limits the need to open the battery bay between bait drops, the craft is quickly switched on and off using the supplied quick switch.
- Backpack – The Trident Cuta Copter comes with a backpack carry case that will carry the Trident, the landing pad, batteries and props. It can also carry the charger and Android device.
- Real-time Video Stream – The Trident is equipped with an HD 720p digital reef spotting camera which has a real-time video transmission up to 1000 metres. Camera settings like brightness, contrast and saturation can all be adjusted via the APP. Recordings of the Video feed can only be done in Skydroid FPV (another App) and is not available in SkyDroid Tower.
- SkyDroid FPV - This App can record the live video feed to a suitable Android device. The Android device needs to be connected to the transmitter by the supplied USB cable and it can run in the background and record while you are flying.
- Robust Design - Cuta Copter has always prided itself on building the toughest drones on the market, and the new Trident takes it a step further with even greater survivability.
- Waterproof Electronic Bait Release – The bait release mechanism is fully waterproof.
- GPS – The New advanced PIXHAWK 4 GPS enables concurrent reception of up to 3 Global Navigation Satellite Systems ‘GNSS’ not just two such as GPS and GLONASS it deals with GPS, Galileo, GLONASS and BeiDouh. The GPS has as also been located to the highest point of the craft for the best satellite reception and maximum separation from other electronic parts in the craft to improve reliability and precise landings.
- Landing in water – the Trident can land and take off from water. Rough water will impact the ability of the craft to take-off, as waves will interfere with the prop lift. Following saltwater exposure, extreme cleaning is required with a product like Salt-Away. Metal parts in the motors will corrode and reduce the drone’s life if not treated properly. Intentional landing on water is not recommended for everyday use.
- Follow-Me mode - In this mode, the drone will follow the location of the transmitter or phone.
- Boat Landing or Return to Me mode – this feature allows the drone to land (RTL) at the location of the pilot and not at the take-off point. This function is useful when using the drone on a boat which has drifted away from the original take-off co-ordinates, or you want the drone to land away from its launch area (away from the fishing rods). This is called ‘Return to Me’ in the Skydroid Tower app.
- Click to Save Waypoint Setting – It is possible to set a waypoint using the transmitter to ensure the next set returns to the same spot. Once the waypoint is set, the next flight is automated and controlled by the flight controller. This is useful if you are dropping burley in a particular spot or wanting to target the same location.
- Missions – The SkyDroid App allows you to create and fly missions. This can fully automate the flight so the Trident does not require any input from the transmitter. A mission could include taking off, flying to a selected waypoint, dropping the baits and then returning to home and landing.
MULTIPLE SAFETY FEATURES
APP display and voice. Visual and voice messages are broadcast to keep the pilot informed about all aspects of the flight. The system will warn you by voice and display that the battery is low, height, voltage or when Magnetic interference is detected. - a set of earplug headphones could be useful to hear the messages.
Thrust Loss Detection will automatically release the bait and RTL.
Low Battery Failsafe– The Low voltage failsafe level is set at 22 volts. On reaching this, the bait/line will be released automatically and the Trident will automatically Return to Launch (RTL).
Loss of signal Failsafe – If the Trident loses connection with the transmitter, the bait/line will be released automatically and the Trident will Return to Launch (RTL).
World Magnetic Database - This means the compass calibration is only required to be done once – We will do this at the Seahorse Factory.
Launch Prevention mode - The Trident will not ARM or start the motors unless everything is working correctly. This includes having sufficient GPS Satellite connections and sufficient voltage in the battery.
Anti-Pendulum feature - The POS mode has a softer and slower de-acceleration to assist in limiting the degree to which a pendulum motion can occur with the bait. This allows for shorter leaders to be used with safety.
RTL speed – Return to Launch ‘RTL’ speed has been increased to get the drone off the water as soon as possible.
Landing Detection – The new landing detection feature DURING AUTO-LAND will shut off the motors as soon as the drone detects a landing. Motors will also be shut off if it detects a crash. For RTL landings, the Trident will begin it’s descent quite fast, slowing down for the last 5 metres. For manual landing, it is required to hold the left stick down. Do not move the right stick once the drone is on the ground.
Distance and Altitude Geo-fence - Although the Trident can operate up to 1.5kms- the Geo-fence settings are set at the factory to 1200 metres distance and 60 metres altitude. This geo-fence parameter allows enough battery time for the drone to return safely when the low battery self protect function is enabled.
Magnetic interference monitoring - Auto adjustment and verbal warnings.
BlackBox recording – The BlackBox will record the flight telemetry which can be accessed by Seahorse to assess flight performance and identify any issues.
The Trident KontikiDrone is a development of the EX-2, which was developed from the REVO4 and Matrix drones. The Trident is designed from the ground up as a fishing drone. Each new model from Cuta Copter is built on the knowledge and experiences gained from the users from around the globe and the aim is to build the best fishing drone possible.
The release line is permanently attached to the left bottom side of the drone and the release is on the right-hand side of the drone.
There is a loop at the end of the release line that loops over the forward arm of the release horn. Ensure the line stays forward of the release horn so it doesn’t tangle on release. It is simple, yet extremely reliable.
The Trident has 15 inch carbon propellers which attach to the motors with a simple screw-on attachment. The motors are counter rotating. The propellers screw on in the opposite direction to the rotation of the motor. The front left will screw on counter-clockwise and the front right screws on clockwise. The propellers will self tighten as the motors are running. The motor hubs are colour co-ordinated to match the correct propeller to the correct motor.
The Trident is supplied with two high performance 5000mAh (5AH) Lithium Polymer batteries. These high performance LiPo batteries provide the power needed to pull your baits out to sea. The batteries are fitted with the T-90 connector.
The Trident comes with a smart charger for the LiPo Batteries. This charger enables the LiPo batteries to be charged in a balanced mode, as well as being able to put the batteries into storage mode.
This charger will enable you to correctly maintain your batteries to ensure you maximise their operational life.
The charger can charge different types of batteries and it operates on both AC (mains) and DC (12v battery) power. This means you can charge your batteries at the beach if you have a suitable power supply.
The SkyDroid Transmitter is the handheld controller of the drone. The joysticks are spring loaded and self centring. When flying, this means the Trident will always return to a stationary hover if you release the sticks. It also means you are not having to manage the throttle or yaw to maintain an altitude and direction. You can concentrate on flying the Trident where you want it to go. The short switch levers and flush mounted buttons significantly reduces the chances of them being damaged or broken.
The Transmitter also works with the SkyDroid App which can be loaded onto your phone.
SkyDroid Tower App onto an Android Device
The SkyDroid Tower App can be downloaded and installed onto an Android device, such as a Samsung phone. If you have an Apple device, it is possible to download an Application such as QGroundControl, which will give similar features.
The big advantage of using the Skydroid Tower App is the additional information that is displayed on the screen including
Distance from home
and a Snail Trail of the flight.
It is also possible to create flight missions and activate and fly the mission from the device.
The App can be downloaded from the Seahorse website, including from the bottom of this page.
The App can also show the video feed from the on-board camera if you use the supplied USB cable. Otherwise you can use the Bluetooth connection to connect the App to the transmitter and this will enable the flight telemetry to be displayed on the screen.
In the App click on Connect situated in the bottom left-hand corner
Select the transmitter (for example R4100-Trident) to connect and once the drone is powered (battery connected and quick switch in), the telemetry data will be transmitted to the screen.
There are two main screens we will use. Flight Data and Editor. The other screens are linked to set-up and aren’t needed for day to day use.
The Android device doesn’t need cellphone coverage. All it needs is Bluetooth to connect to the transmitter and sufficient power to run the live video feed if you wish to use that feature. We have found a 6 to 8 inch screen is the best for both seeing the information and not being so big it gets in the way.
The Skydroid App allows “missions” or fully automated flights. This involves setting one or multiple waypoints on the screen and any actions required, such as dropping the bait. Once activated, the Trident drone will take off, fly out to the waypoint, drop the bait and then return to launch and land all by itself.
SERVICING AND REPAIRS
It is a well-known fact for drones that gravity works harder over water. If something goes wrong, it could be a wet landing. It is important that your KontikiDrone is operating correctly and everything is excellent working order.
Seahorse will be offering an annual service that will cover a complete service and performance check of the KontikiDrone. Our fully trained staff will also be able to perform any repairs, servicing or testing required.
The service will include
Testing all the batteries
Performance of the motors
Performance of the electronics
Checking the condition of the Kontiki and its components.
Ensuring everything is working as it should, including a test flight.
Seahorse is offering a complementary service and check-up after your first six months of flying.
The Trident 5000 KontikiDrone will be a twelve month warranty to registered KontikiDrone owners, otherwise the warranty is limited to six months. This warranty costs the repair or replacement of faulty parts caused by faulty workmanship or faulty materials.
The warranty does not cover the loss of a Seahorse KontikiDrone, line or accessories. It does not cover damage caused by misuse or water damage.
EXTENDED WARRANTY AND CARE PACKAGE
A 12 month Extended Warranty Care Package can be purchased at the time of purchase and renewed for an additional 12 months (total 24 months) at the annual service.
The Extended Warranty Car Package will include
The Annual Service (see above)
Repairing damaged parts caused by things that may not have been your fault.
us the right to purchase a replacement Seahorse Trident 5000 KontikiDrone at a heavily discounted price if your Seahorse Trident 5000 KontikiDrone is lost at sea - conditions apply.
Please note this is not an insurance policy and does not cover thief.
The Extended Warranty Care Package offers peace of mind flying and the assurance that the Team at Seahorse will be there to resolve any issues that may arise.
Click here for more information – Click here
Drones are generally covered under Household contents insurance, but different companies have different limits to what they will pay.
Seahorse recommends you register your KontikiDrone with your insurance company and get it specified on the policy. - The serial Number for the kontiki is displayed in your Transmitter.
Talk to your insurance company as to any special requirements they may require to have the drone covered while you are using it. Generally you will need to be flying within Civil Aviation Authority rules to be covered.
CUTA COPTER – DRONE MANUFACTURER
The Trident Kontiki Drone is manufactured in South Africa by Cuta-Copters. Seahorse along with Cuta-Copters have customised their Trident to meet the unique requirements of New Zealand Kontiki Fishing.
Cuta-Copter has been a leading manufacturer of fishing drones since 2014 and has continued to develop and innovate their product making it what it is today. We believe Cuta-Copter makes one of the best performing and affordable fishing drones anywhere. That is why we are offering them under the Seahorse brand.