Search site for
Seahorse™ S30 Kontiki
PLEASE NOTE: WE NO LONGER MAKE THE S30. WE WILL HAVE A NEW MODEL THE S33 COMING OUT IN JULY 2021. PLEASE DO NOT PLACE ORDERS ON THE WEBSITE. RING SEAHORSE ON 07 543 0266 FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE NEW S33.
The Seahorse™ S30 Kontiki is the next generation of kontiki fishing systems. Features include Lithium batteries, hand held programmer, GPS autopilot with a compact light weight design that out performs more traditional designs. The Seahorse™ S30 Kontiki system is perfect where weight or storage space is an issue, and is designed to perform in the conditions most of us fish.
We started with a blank piece of paper and completely re-designed the kontiki experience bring a new level of ease and simplicity to kontiki fishing. We have used the latest technology and products, and combined them with the experience and knowledge we have gained from making the worlds most popular kontiki fishing system to bring you something that has not been possible before. We have also looked at the different ways people use their Seahorse Kontiki's, and added these features to the Seahorse S30.
Team the Seahorse S30 kontiki up with your surfcaster, or shark line and haul your baits to places you haven't been able to reach before. It's time to chase those big angry fish. With the release clip, the Seahorse S30 will extend your fishing beyond your casting range, and adding a whole new dimension to your fishing experience.
The Seahorse™ S30 Kontiki
The biggest change is the size and weight. Only 8.1kg's (including the Lithium battery), the Seahorse™ S30 is less half the weight of other traditional models. Plus it has the ability to separate in half, allowing the system to fit into a tiny storage space either in the car or campervan, and it is light enough to carry to the beach.
The Mercury 30lb thrust motor delivers more than enough power to get the Seahorse S30 Kontiki out through most surf you would normally fish in. The compact streamline body, when teamed up with the Braid winch with it's low drag braid line allows the motor to use all it's power to drive forward through the surf and out to where the fish are.
The GPS autopilot system uses a directional tracking system to capture the direction you wish to send your Seahorse S30 Kontiki in. Start the motor and simply by walking 10 to 15m's in the direction you wish to fish, and the autopilot will automatically calculate a waypoint for the Seahorse S30 to steer towards.
The Seahorse S30 uses a hand held programmer to operate the functions of the Seahorse S30 Kontiki. Once the battery is plugged in, the Seahorse S30 Kontiki will start the autopilot, and once the rudder flicks to the left, it is ready to go. On the programmer, simply set the run time you want, in one minute intervals. It's that simple, And when you're ready, press start.
The GPS guided Autopilot system uses a simple walk and launch system. When ready, start the motor, and simply walk in the direction you wish the Kontiki to go in, and the autopilot will automatically calculate the course and set a waypoint 3km's offshore for the Seahorse S30 Kontiki to aim for. After the motor has started, pick up your S30 Kontiki and start walking towards the water. After 10 to 15 metres, the GPS autopilot will acquire it's course (rudder centers itself) and the kontiki can now be launched and sent on it's way.
The lightweight and compact design is streamlined with very little drag, allowing it to out perform more traditional kontikis. The smart design allows the Seahorse S30 to separate into two parts, and we use the tail unit as the hatch. The positive latch with it's locking pin will ensure a 100% seal every time. It's streamline shape also makes it easy to pull back to the shore, allowing your winch battery to last longer.
The Lithium battery will deliver it's full 10amps in approx 20 minutes, where SLA (Lead acid) batteries will only deliver somewhere between half and a third of their power, when used in the kontiki unit. This means we are getting more power for less weight.
The Mercury 30lb thrust motor is spinning a cut-down prop, allowing more effective delivery of power, giving more distance for your battery power The profile of the motor frame allows the Seahorse S30 to be pulled up the sand without digging in.
Surf Casting with the Seahorse S30 Kontiki
The Seahorse S30 kontiki is the perfect device to pull your surf casting rig, or your shark bait out to where the big fish are. Casting a line has a limited range, while taking a shark bait out can be risky. The Seahorse S30 kontiki overcomes these issues.
Simply use the release clip supplied with the Seahorse S30, to connect your line. Launch the Seahorse S30 for a few minutes and once your bait is in the fishing zone, lock off the surf casting reel, your bait pulls free from the release clip and sinks to the bottom. Simple retrieve the Seahorse S30, and you're fishing for the big ones.
The hand held programmer allows the run time to be selected to the minute, and a beeper warns you when it is time to release your bait. What could be simpler.
- The Seahorse™ S30 comes with the proven Mercury 30lb thrust motor. This motor delivers the power you need to tackle the conditions you normally go fishing in. Perfect for the east coast beaches and the calmer days on the West Coast. It is not recommended for tackling the massive surf conditions you can sometimes get on the west coast beaches.
- The Seahorse S30 will travel up to 100 metres per minute, when used with the braid winch, so your baits will get to the fish quicker. The two blade prop is cut down to deliver more power with less drag, therefore giving better performance.
- The Seahorse S30 is the lightest Kontiki anywhere. At only 8.1kg's with it's lithium battery, no-one else is close. (The lightest we could get our GPS Seahorse 30 was 14.5kg's.) This means it is easy to carry to your favorite fishing spot, and is easy to launch. Being light, we can design a lot of the buoyancy out of the design, reducing drag, and improving performance. It's like dropping a V8 into a mini.
- The Seahorse S30 has been designed to the highest standards by our team of Kontiki experts at Seahorse. We have used all the lessons we have learnt since Seahorse started in 2001. The Seahorse S30 is built to the same high standard as our existing models, plus there are a number of innovative ideas incorporated into the design. Because of this, we can offer our 24 month warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
- The control unit in the Seahorse S30 has all the features you have come to expect from the Seahorse Kontikis, plus a few new ones. We now use a hand held programmer that is linked to your kontiki only. Once the programmer is linked to operate your kontiki, No other programmer can operate it.
- The Control unit has built in stall protection, low voltage cutout, and a minute by minute timer. You can set your Seahorse S30 to run from 1 minute up to 30 or more minutes for a full run. The hand held programmer can also be used to stop and start the Seahorse S30 Kontiki within 300 metres of the shore. After that, it is out of range.
- The Patented Seahorse GPS Autopilot system will steer your Seahorse S30 Kontiki towards a waypoint 3km's offshore, keeping it on course through the surf, shoreline rips and currents flowing down the beach.
- The lightweight low buoyancy, low drag design ensures the Seahorse S30 will dive under the surf and cut through any rough water quickly ensuring it gets to your fishing spot with the minimum of effort. The design also allows for easy retrieval ensuring maximum life from your winch battery.
- The powerful 10ah lithium battery will run the 30lb thrust Mercury motor for up to 22 minutes, meaning they greatly out perform the traditional heavy lead acid batteries. The Lithium battery is only 1.5kg's making it easy to carry extras for a full days fishing.
- The Seahorse S30 has the innovative feature of separating into two parts. This allows us to use the tail section as the “Hatch”, as the batteries are inserted through the opening at the join of the two parts. The hinge and latch system guarantees complete watertightness, in a foolproof system anyone can operate. There is no more remember to “do up” the hatch. By separating into two parts, the Seahorse S30 is easy to store into small spaces in cars, caravans and motor homes.
- The two sections of Seahorse S30 kontiki is held together with a self locking hinge and the positive action latch with locking pin pulls everything together and closes the battery opening. With the locking pin in place, the latch is 100% secure ensuring a watertight seal.
- The Seahorse S30 has a offset towpoint ensuring the Mercury motor delivers all it's power to going forward, and the autopilot isn't having to battle against bad design.
- Each Seahorse S30 Kontiki has a unique serial number to ensure positive identification of each unit. Being New Zealand's most popular kontiki unit, you'll see them being used widely throughout New Zealand. Seahorse maintains a register of owners for your benefit. - If you buy from one of our retail partners, please complete the warranty form and return it to us
- The Seahorse S30 Kontiki is the next generation of Kontiki's. We use the latest technology and ideas to bring to you all the features you have been looking for in a Kontiki.
Seahorse™ S30 Kontiki
Length - 104cm
Body Length - 43cm
Tail Length - 61cm
Width - 22cm
Height - 48cm
Weight - 8.1kg's with battery
Battery - 1.3kg's
Current Draw - approx 30amps in water
Below are a selection of our instructional videos. To view all our videos, please go to the bottom of our resourses page - click on link, or view below.
Currently we do not have any videos relating to the Seahotrse S30.